We are a Public Benefit Organization

The SmartKids Foundation has been granted the status of Public Benefit Organization (Dutch acronym: ‘ANBI’) by the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration. The Dutch abbreviation means Algemeen Nut Beogende Instellingen.

Because SmartKids is awarded as ANBI, donations to SmartKids may be partially or fully deducted from taxable income. With a periodic donation for at least five years you will benefit from the maximum tax advantage. If you want to make use of this arrangement, please download the donation agreement. Send the completed form to info@smartkidsfoundation.nl or to SmartKids Foundation, Burgemeester Postweg 12, 1121 JB Landsmeer. Afterwards you will receive a signed copy for your own administration. See for more information on the tax benefits on the site of the Tax and Customs Administration.


Statutory name: Stichting SmartKids
Brand name: SmartKids
Chamber of Commerce registration number: 04067316
RSIN/Tax number: 816235612
Banking details: NL04 INGB 0009474229
Swift/BIC code: INGBNL2A

Contact details

SmartKids Foundation
Burgemeester Postweg 12
1121 JB Landsmeer
The Netherlands
Phone: +31 20 482 45 11
Mail: info@smartkidsfoundation.nl


SmartKids aims to reduce poverty in the world. The Foundation seeks to achieve this by giving bright kids who don’t have the means the chance to finish there secondary an tertiary education. In return they promise, in writing, to support this foundation and participate in the process during their future professional life.

Policy plan

Sponsoring 6 new kids each year for 6-year period, averaging 36 sponsored kids in total at a given point in time. 105 Kids have graduated already and more than 95% of the income is directly spent on education expenses. The other 5% indirectly. It is our mission to support future leaders, by educating and nurturing them from a young age.

Our fundraising strategy focuses on companies, consumer donations, and participants who donate with their expertise, network or voluntary work for the foundation. Donations with a certain purpose are reserved in our Appropriation Fund and are only used for agreed purposes. All available capital is at free disposal of SmartKids Foundation on her bank accounts.

Executive and Supervisory Board

SmartKids Foundation’s Executive Board constists of Chairman: Wouter Hazenberg, Vice chairman/Secretary: Rieke Koning, Treasurer & Coordinator: Ruud Nassette, Board member: Rob Hazenberg, Board member: Rosanne Gunterman-Weber.

The Board is responsible for overseeing the general affairs of the foundation and there members receive no reward.

Annual report and actual activities

On our website the latest news relating our activities is available, see annual reports on the Accountability & Reporting page.